Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Well it has been close to a year or so since I last posted on my blog. I have a lot to say but never seem to be able to find the time to get it out. I am going to be posting a bit more often from here on out, if for nothing more than to get my thoughts out because I feel like I'm now living in the twilight zone.

For those of you wondering why I say it feels like I'm living in the twilight zone, let me tell you. As I look back over the last few years and the last year and a half in particular I can't help but ask what has happened to my country! There are a lot of people, myself included, who have felt that the country has been in a total free fall for a long time. This great country that we live in is on the verge of falling off the proverbial cliff, but it seems there is a significant portion of the population that does not seem to notice or care. That needs to change!

The former President Bush did a wonderful job of protecting this country, but did nothing to stop the runaway spending that is now threatning to bankrupt the greatest nation on earth. I consider myself to be a conservative to the core of my being and I want those of you might read this to know that I am not someone who thinks that Republicans can do no wrong and Democrats are all evil. If an individual stands on Conservative principals of small government, strong national defense, the sanctity of life and marriage, and keeping government out of the average Americans daily life then I will support them no matter what party they are from.

What I have seen from our current President and those he has surrounded himself with is something that I cannot believe I would ever see in America. President Obama came into office espousing that he was going to bring hope and change to America. He said two days before the election that we were only two days from fundamentaly changing America, and you know what, he wasn't kidding. In the last year and a half this country has gone through a fundamental transformation like nothing I think anyone would have ever expected. President Obama and Congress has done more to take personal freedom from the average American and place it in the hands of the government than in any other time in American history. If anything, I believe we have seen nothing but the destruction of the constitution and this country rather than hope and change. We have seen change, but not the hope that was promised.

There are so many things that I could go into regarding what the President and the Congress has done to destroy this country, but I don't have that kind of time tonight. Suffice it to say we are in the middle of the biggest power grab by the government and redistrubution of wealth that has ever been tried. If there is anyone who might disagree with that statement or does not know what I mean, keep reading in the coming weeks and I will hit upon those facts. My point of writing all this tonight is not to bash on the President or even the Congress. My real goal is to maybe get some folks thinking about what America truly stands for, what it really means to be an American, and to hopefully wake up to the fact that we are close to losing this country.

Now to the reason why I am writing this tonight. There are those out there that would say, even on the Republican side of the aisle, that it is only fair that everyone pays their fair share to help those that are less fortunate and the government has the right to make sure that happens. I could not disagree more vehemently!! This country was not built because we had a nanny state government to take care of all of our needs. We became the greatest country on earth because we had a government that stayed out of the peoples way and let them succeed and fail on their own. Our President apologizes to the rest of the world because we are the greatest nation on earth and that is wrong. There is not another nation in the history of the world that has done more for other nations than America has done for the rest of the world. It wasn't our government that created all of that wealth, it was the people!! Our wealth as a nation is nothing to apologize for1

The government does not creat jobs or create wealth. All that the government can do is facilitate an environment that allows for the creation of jobs and therefore wealth. How does the government do that?? By getting out of our lives and allowing the free market to dictate what will succeed and what will not, and by free market I mean we the people. I know what is best for my family just like you know what is best for your family. The government is trying to dictate how businesses are ran, how and what our schools are teaching our children, and they are telling us more and more how we can live our lives. I find that to be absolutely appalling and it is wrong! Until Americans wake up and realize that we have to take our freedoms back and stop the government intrusion to all aspects of our lives, we are going to end up losing our freedom and our country.

I have so much more that I could say on this subject matter, but I could be sitting here writing for a long time. I have bounced around a little with this post and what I was saying, but it was a start for all of the thoughts I have going on right now. I am going to be posting more on theses subjects in the coming days and weeks. I hope that what I have to say makes people think. I don't expect everyone to agree with my points of view and I welcome that. That is what makes America great! We can disagree and still have a civil discourse. That is unfortunately missing in to many conversations these days. I hope you enjoyed reading this if you made it all the way to the end. I welcome feedback! Let me know what you think.

No comments: