Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rough night to be a Conservative.........

This is my first blog entry ever. I have planned on doing one of these for the longest time, but have never gotten around to it. I was thinking it was going to be a better night than it turned out to be and that my first blog post would be a bit happier! I have to say deep down though I knew the election was going to go the way it did.

It would be very easy to get depressed over the way the election has turned out. I mean the Democrats now control the White House, Senate, and the House!! Not to mention it looks like they may get their needed majorities to do pretty much anything they want. I could say poor me and poor Republican party, but that would not be in my nature! Really the Republicans got what they deserved! How can I say that you might ask, or maybe not if you agree with me due to you being a fed up Republican or a gleeful Democrat this evening. The Republican Party has lost its way and has tried to conform to what the Liberals in this country and the driveby (mainstream) media have tried to push down its throat. I hope that this election will wake the Republican party up and help it get back to its roots in true conservatism! I can not for the life of me figure out why Republicans think that they need to try and change who we are. What is wrong with wanting smaller government, low taxes so I can keep more of MY money, to encourage entrepreneurship so more people can realize the American dream, and to want to protect the sanctity of marriage and the millions of unborn babies murdered in this county every year!! I believe that the founding fathers didn't want government running our lives, they wanted just the opposite! They wanted the people to have the power to control their own destiny!!

There are so many things that I want to say and get across, but I would be here all night, and that is what future blogs are for. I congratulate all of you Obama supporters out there who might read this blog. I hope everyone notices over the next 4 years the difference in the way the Conservatives in this country treat Obama versus the way that President Bush has been treated the last 8 years by the Left in this country. Even though we disagree and will probably disagree vehemently, we will always do it with respect because Obama is the President of the United States and he deserves respect for that. I think it has been absolutely horrendous the way that President Bush has been treated by those who disagree with him! I have been a huge critic of Bush and disagreed with a lot he has done, but he is the President and deserves the respect that comes with that office! President Obama will at least get that much.

Lastly I hope that everyone will pray for the new leadership in this country. I know that it seems like a dark night for the Republican party, but we know God is in control and He will have His way. I look forward to putting my thoughts out there for the rest of you to read if you are interested. Here's to hoping the 2010 election goes a little better than this one............

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Joe!! Welcome to the blog world!! I am adding you to my blog roll :o). Well said here in your first post!! I actually cried during McCain's final speech, but I can only pray that Obama will do some positive changes. I am absolutely disgusted with his morals and have no respect for him in that aspect, but as our new president, I will continue to pray ... LOTS of prayers!!
Keep up the great blog ... it is very refreshing to hear a conservative voice!! There aren't a lot of people out there who will tell it like it is!

Lindsey said...

As a moderate who voted for Obama I want to say I appreciate this post. I struggled a lot with who to vote for but felt Obama was the best pick (as I know we disagree on but hey...thats okay).

I have been horrified today by how republican Christians have treated this election. I have been told Obama is a Muslim terrorist that will be assasinated, he is the antichrist, that they wont respect him or honor him, that we should be in mourning as a nation. Its ridiculous! I understand the disagreements and disapointments.... but I believe fully that God is in control.

I hope this stops, and you are right in that Republicans (especially Christians) honor him. You mentioned how Bush was treated and I want to remind you of Clinton.... he was not exactly honored by Republicans by any means... and in fact if you read the book "Whats so amazing about Grace" by Philip Yancey he speaks of a conversation he personally had with him in which he wept and said that he knows he made mistakes but Christians have been the most unforgiving... and he doesnt understand why.

Bottom line is... both parties have a tendancy to disrespect the other side and I think this needs to stop. If Christians can set that standard I believe the world will follow... I pray and hope this happens.

Thanks for being respectful Joe...appreciate you...

christinaandbrian said...

very well written joe. welcome to the blog world.